Another one . . . . And a free pattern.

Well this post is about another hat. One with a little more intricate detailing then the previous hats. It’s also about another baby Jones. We are expecting to welcome a new little Jones in the next month or so, which is very exciting, as well as scary. With our first little monkey we decided not to find out the gender before he was born, and we are doing the same with this baby Jones. So I needed to make a hat for this baby that can work for a boy or a girl. Because every baby needs to be welcomed with a hat, or ten, duh.

So I choose this teal cotton since it works for a boy and with a little embellishments and bling also works for a girl. Here are some pictures:

>

20140322-211118.jpg

Here is a link to the free pattern which is called the horseshoe lace cap.

The band of this hat is worked in the rib stitch, one purl one knit, but the knit stitch is worked in the back loop which gives the band a nice tight braided look. Here is a picture of what the rib stitch worked in the back loop looks like:

>

20140322-211741.jpg

This is what a normal rib stitch would look like:

>

20140322-212554.jpg

Now in case it’s a girl, I found this great tutorial on how to crochet triple layer flowers

I haven’t sewn the flower the hat yet, but plan to fix it with a big sparkly button in the center of the flower if it is a girl.

>

20140322-213310.jpg

Here is a picture of the top, with my little guy modelling it. The picture is a little dark, but it shows the details very well.

>

20140322-213431.jpg

So to conclude, if you would like to find out whether we had a boy or a girl, comment and come back to get details and pictures. Then be sure to bug me till I post pictures if it takes more then a month, and a half. 🙂 >

Triplets for Christmas

Recently in Grand Junction a set of Triplet baby girls were born. They have two older sisters and the parents were greatly surprised at these new additions. Some good people in the Community decided to pitch in and help organize and gather up things for these new little ones. My Mom and I found out about it and decided to crochet the three quilts that follow. I had a bunch of yarn that wasn’t being used and since the colors were perfect we got started the minute we could.

Three quilts

Mom made the one on the left and in the middle and I did the one on the right. They are a granny square pattern, hounds tooth (my Mom loves this stitch, and I’ve never done it) and the zig zag pattern. Mom finished around them with a simple chain picot combination.

close up of stitches

Baby Jones

Well I haven’t posted for a while but here we go again. My Husband and I are pleased to announce that we are expecting an addition to our little family in February. When we found out I wanted to make something special for my mother-in-law to announce our happy news. This is her first grandchild and I knew she would be delighted. The following is pictures of the project. Enjoy 🙂

Image

I used a super fine crochet cotton and the same pattern for the booties I posted before, but modified it a little to have the laces instead of the button. Then since we don’t know whether it will be a boy or girl, I added the blue and  pink beads to embellish the plain white.

Image

They came out perfectly and so tiny.

New Baby Booties – Crochet

It all started with a granny square blanket, well actually it started with yarn lust. The yarn was exceptionally soft and had such a pretty combination of colours. There was purple, light green, yellow and then a variegated one to match. I made the granny square blanket first and had just a little yarn to spare. My sister had sent me some patterns she purchased (here) to have me make booties for her new baby girl. Well those scraps screamed at me to make more booties to go with this blanket.

As you can see I had all the patterns and was trying to decide which ones to make.

I started with the purple and made the sole of the bootie.

Then I switched thread and used the variegated one to do the pattern part, and completed it with purple, and sewed on the little white buttons.

The second pair made with pearly white and pink yarn. I love these!!

This is the completed product. I think they turned out well and they only took me about 45 minutes each Bootie.